Even a small one man/woman photography business has a lot of moving parts – and all those moving parts have to be juggled by just one person. Think emails, accounting, advertising, social media, blog posts, daily tasks and office admin, email marketing, website maintenance, IT…and that’s not including all the shooting, editing and pre- and post-production! (It’s a miracle any of us can actually pull off this juggling act single-handed!).
The problem is that this juggling act is hugely time-consuming and it is very difficult to run a profitable photography business AND have a life!
Does any of the following sound familiar?
- Feeling stressed/rushed ALL the time.
- Not enough hours in the day.
- Spending all your time working IN the business rather than ON the business.
- So busy doing all the admin that you have no time to actually do what you love – shooting (and making money).
- Family/personal life suffering (what personal life?!).
Think of all the teeny tiny (or not so teeny tiny) repetitive mundane tasks that you do again and again, day in day out…
I’m talking sending the same email to different people again and again, adding tasks to your task list, typing up contracts and invoices, sharing your Packages & Pricing with clients, creating and delivering client galleries, sending invoices and chasing deposits and balance payments…you get the idea.
Now, imagine if you could automate all or even 90% of this stuff…imagine how different your working week might look.
- You would have a tonne more time to work ON your business and make changes that grow your business and actually make it better.
- You would have more time to shoot and you would make more money.
- You would get back your personal life and be happier and more relaxed.
- Your business would run smoother with less human error because the repetitive stuff would be handled automatically, reducing the chances of human error and speeding up your systems and workflows.
This is what you can achieve with a good Photography CRM. The other benefit with a good CRM (other than automating stuff) is that it links your valuable data together so it becomes easier to find stuff when you need it – fast. Imagine if all your emails to anybody that pertain to a particular job or lead could be found in that job or lead in your CRM…imagine if you had a complete communication record for every lead and client – every email, every call, every text. Would that just be freakin’ awesome! (Say good bye to searching through your emails for hours looking for that elusive contract or invoice).
I have only just launched BotSquad and I am building our community and online courses up from zero.
Because my background is in professional photography (I have been owing and operating Fallon Photography for 20 years now) and I am
passionate about obsessed with CRMs, I have decided to start with what I know – Photography CRMs.
What exactly is a Photography CRM?
And for those of you who aren’t sure, CRM stands for Customer (or Contact) Relationship Management. A CRM App is an application that you use to manage your contacts and the key information associated with them. Exact features will vary from CRM to CRM but some examples of the kind of features and information most Photography CRMs link together are as follows;
- Leads and Jobs
- Call & Contact Logs
- Accounts & Invoices
- Calendar events
- Electronic Contracts
- Pricing Pages & Packages
- Booking & Payment
How we can help you
If “The Problem” I described above resonates with you and “The Solution” sounds appealing, then a Photography CRM might be just what you need.
At BotSquad we help small businesses to find, set up and master integrated Apps to save them time, money and sanity.
If you are interested in a Photography CRM for your business, you can learn more here
LEARN HOW WE CAN HELP